This is a non-nerdy post, because most of these are really stupid so I'm going to write about something personal.
If you don't know, my mother died of alcoholism when I was 17. Well actually she gave up on life and more or less committed suicide while I was front row center, but who is counting. It's been almost 10 years since it happened, and it feels like it happened in another life time. A lot of this pain, and the anger, and the whatever has gone away... well mostly, but I believe I have let go of a lot of the pain I carried with me from that time.
In any event, every so often I dream about her. Now this isn't my weird creepy ghost story thing, this is just honest to god, every so often I sleep and I dream about my mother. And it sucks, because I'm always in the house we lived in, and it takes me back to that peroid of my life, which was not that pleasent. Everytime I have that dream where I'm with her in my old house, every single time, I wake up and it takes me a few seconds to remember where I am. That my mother is dead, and I'm not in that house anymore. It happened again the other night. I woke up to look at my vaulted ceiling, and I didn't remember where I was.
So there you go, real honest to god, personal, non-geeky, stuff out of my finger tips, into your eyes.


1 Comments:
Ouch, you poked my eye!
All kidding aside, I L-word You, ya big dope.
Post a Comment
<< Home