For those of you who know me in the real world, not this fake virtual crap. You know that I made a lateral transition to another store in the area. So because I'm paranoid I will not mention specifically where I used to work, as compaired to where I work now, besides those who know me know where I moved to anyway. But I just wanted to take the time to say that my new Store totally rocks hard core.
So why the new store rocks!
- Michael is the manager nuff said.
- The stocking crew gets books out in 2 days or less all the time everytime
- You can close there with 6 people, and not feel like there aren't a lot of employees in the store.
- Rich WASPs of Yorba Linda shop at my store, and spend stupid sums of money on things. Everyday I work, EVERY FREAKING DAY, I ring up a $100+ dollar sale. And I am not on the register much. At the old store $100+ dollar sale was kinda rare for me.
- Basically there are about a quarter of the customers at the new place (hense why stocking crew can actually do their job) with the same amount of sales as the old place. Ergo less people, spend WAY more money.
- The plumbing doesn't break everyweek. Infact it hasn't broken in the month I have been there.
- My two favorate resteraunts for drinking are still nearby... with the welcome addition of Olive Garden.
- Customers are much more needy than at the old place, but they are also much more grateful for help.
- I have only delt with two dicks so far, and one wasn't that bad. He just couldn't wait for a minute while I covered my ass by getting a managers permission to do something, and walked out in a quick huff. The other was this old bastard who bought 3 DVD's three days after the 3 for 4 promotion ended, and then a week later came in demanding his 4th free DVD. I explained that that had to be at the time of purchase, AND that the sale was over after he bought his DVD's. He told me "Everybody is always trying to f#$%ing con me... HELLLOOOOO best buy!" Then tore the reciept up in front of me, threw it on the ground, and walked out. But all in all, the Dicks in the new place are a lot more easy going.
- In general things are more laid back.
- And last but not least, I get to introduce the man-on-man hug to another store I work at. I already have my first mark, I get him to crack and the rest fall nicely into place.
I swear people I cry happy tears every day when I come home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home