Friday, April 08, 2005

Well the only person who I thinks reads this thing demands that I write something every so often, or else she gets her knickers in a bunch.

Okay I'm a frelling geek. I keep watching all this stuff about the Pope and all I can think of is, that square out in front of the Vaticine looks an awful lot like the square Numina and Infernal party at in Founders Falls. Which makes since because Founders Falls is a very European part of town, where all the rich people worry about Crey, Demon Summonings, and Homocidal Treehugging Weeds.

Also the History Channel has a lot of religous adds with all this pope stuff they keep playing, and what is up with the song lyric "Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord." Think about it, and DON'T DISPUTE ME! Does the song writer want God to grant him eyes on his heart? So then suddenly he sees inside his chest, and wouldn't that hurt with your eyes moving around, with the heart beating? I think he probably means that his heart is his soul (after all people thought forever that your heart was the center of your being and your Brain took up space), so he wants to open his soul to God, I get that. But Heart is such a bad metaphor for Soul, that people should really use Soul... sigh, it's like poor Monte Cook and his "Setting is not character."

Anyhoo this Pope stuff, all this Catholic Dogma is actually very interesting. It's kinda neat learning all about it. And no I don't feel bad he died at all. Pope John Paul had a good long run, his death is not tragic in the slightest. If that assassian had managed to kill John Paul that would have been tragic. But no Pope John Paul II was so friggin Bad Ass he sucked up that bullet and soldiered on for another what decade or two. No, not sad at all, he had a good long bad ass run. Celebrate his life, mourn his passing but don't be sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home