Okay time to talk about what the teaser trailer is doing. My lovely girlfriends teacher said the preview sucked, because it "looked like the Chris Reeves" movies, well I'm here to tell you teacher that YOU are the one who sucks! First it was a teaser, TEASER so it's not really supposed to do anything besides make you go "that looks cool." However if you read into the Superman Returns preview there is a lot of information to mine. So come with me if you will... BTW most of this is based partly off a review of the trailer I read somewhere... so yes there is hardly an original thought in my head.
I think the theme of the new movie is going to be summed up in the Jor-El (AKA Marlon Brando) says. "They can be a good people Kal=El if they wish to be, they only lack the light to show the way." I already know that part of the plot is that Superman goes away for awhile, and he comes back in the movie hense the "Superman Returns." All the scenes of Metropolis are very dark, and the city almost looks like Gotham out of the old Burton Batman movies. We also know that Superman's costume is darker than his comic incarnation. Considering that Bryan Singer is such a Superman fan this is a strange choice, but I think he is trying to make a point. I think the Superman we are going to see is the somewhat depressed, slightly angry, very interesting Superman who chooses not to go by Clark Kent, but instead goes by Kal-El. In esscense I think they are actually going to DO something with Superman, instead of making him the naive boyscout he was in the Chris Reeve's movies. Which is awesome, an American icon with faults!
BTW if any of you are reading this blog after agreeing to be my friend in Myspace hello... um... this is usually what you get out of this thing. I'm not going to talk about personal matters because I'm a private person, so get ready to nerd out!


2 Comments:
Hey, you're not suppose to talk about arlon-May ando-Bray. Well, at least, that's what I was told by the fx people.
Which is funny cuz I heard about Marlon Brando a little bit before you visited the FX studio that gave you the tour.
Post a Comment
<< Home