My car is fine, just a little stupid thing, yippie!
I managed to snag me a copy of "The Adventures of Pete & Pete" season 1. I vaguely remember watching this show when I was a kid on Nickelodeon. According to the stuff on the webpage I found about Pete & Pete (yes there is a Webpage, it's at http://www.cannit.com/peteandpete/ among others) the TV show ran in 1993, which puts me at about 14 years old when I first started watching this. Now I know that childhood gives you these wonderful glasses with this groovy rose colored tint. Believe me I know. One night I was watching Cartoon Network when another show I remembered as a child came on. It was a show I loved, a show I thought was the greatist, a show I had the groovy plastic sword to with that stupid red light, I'm talking about Thundercats. Let me tell you watching that show as an adult made me think that my childhood brain was made from rice pudding. They would explain everything before doing that. Like say I was a Thundercat right now, I'm Lion-O or something, with my red mane-fro-thing, I would be saying aloud right now "I'm typing in my blog about my childhood television nostolgia." Or something to that effect.... well I would have done that before I typed this... okay bad example. Say I'm Lion-O going to work, I would say, "I have to (dramatic pause) hop in my car, and then drive down the 55 to the 91, and get off at my exit to go to work!"" In anyevent I was sorely dissapointed by the Thundercats.
So why did I prefece my rant about Pete and Pete with a long rant about how I was dissapointed with one of my other favorate childhood shows. Because I'm watching Pete and Pete right friggin now and I'm telling you this show is genus! From the far to catchy poppy theme song, to the rather subversive humor, to the surreal elements that make up the show. Pete & Pete live next door to an honest to god superhero... or a nut job who thinks he is one, but the more Arty the Strongest Man in the World calls our young heros "Little Vikings" the more I'm into him. Mom has a plate in her skull for no reason that picks up Police transmitions. The first full episode I have seen has the entire family getting buck naked to win a contest. Plus the school mascot is a squid in a bucket. In any event it is a rather absurd show. So what that the acting isn't the greatest in the world, the female lead has bad teeth, the DVD transfer really sucks, and 100 other things. It doesn't matter because the show is friggin genus and thats all there is to say about it. If you can find the DVD set, which should be hard because in this area they evaporated immediately after release, get it the show is awesome!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home