Right now I'm playing the waiting game. I was coming home yesterday and my car started leaking coolant. I woke up bright and (way to) early today and took it down to the mechanic. So right now I'm sitting here very tired hoping for two things, 1) that the fix is cheap. 2) That the car can get fixed today. Cuz they aren't open Sunday.
It's at times like these that I wish I was a car guy, or that I knew a car guy. I could just go up to my good buddy Leroy or something and go, "Hey Bro, check out whats going on with my hood. I'll buy you some beer" or something like that. However I would likely have to trade an equally useful skill which I do not currently possess. Such as my services as a lawyer or accountant. Considering because of my College degree I only have the ability to look at societies and try and ponder the meaning of it all, that doesn't translate into something I can trade for free auto service.
The thing I hate about all of this is the powerlesses I feel. I want to go to Vegas at the end of next month. But if my car fix is to much than I won't be able to, and I will just have a vacation where I can't do a darn thing. It's also at times like this that I think about technology and how I have no idea how it functions. I said it in a class once, I don't know how my TV works. I think it works cuz of electrons, and radio waves, and TV Tubes, but without knowing how exactly it functions and how to build one from nothing, it might as just as well be a magical zombie box that entertains me. Science and Magic are not so far removed in the modern day. Think about it, you right now are surrounded by all of this stuff rought from mankinds technology, yet do you know how any of it works, or how to make any of it if you needed to? We just like calling it science because it makes us feel suprior to all the other primitives. But seriously we are no better than cavemen cowering in our suburbian caves, under the thumb of our witch doctors who wear coveralls. But then again my car is in the shop, and I'm not a car guy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home