Thursday, December 30, 2004

I love Zombie movies. Always liked them for no real reason, the "Dawn of the Dead" really resparked my interest in them. So I read about this Zombie movie in Fangoria called "Shadows of the Dead." So here we are.....

Random Thoughts on the first viewing of "Shadows of the Dead."

Spoilers do follow, you are warned....

- Does every zombie movie have to be titled "(something) of the Dead"
- Wow that is a cheap set... but nice makeup.
- Well of course she took the tools out, it wouldn't make a good movie otherwise.
- Chemistry is a little off but the dialogue is okay... then again that is all this guy has the budget for.
- Right, don't look at the dead body.... cuz it's a frelling zombie... of course it's the girl who wants to investigate.
- No money for good sound... but wow this moment is tense.
- Frelling ewww did zombie guy just cry blood!
- It's going to be shorter when you turn into a Zombie!
- This movie is scary because all he has money to do is have people talk and nothing to happen, so you sit here waiting for something to happen and it doesn't because he didn't have the money TO make it happen... GENUS!
- Lame didn't see the attack!
- Yeah the woods are so much safer than the security of a car!
- Dude go to the hospital, log onto Spike, you could win a trip to someplace sunny.
- How the frell did they get to the hospital?
- I bet his pee pee fell off like on the Fly
- This movie would be a lot more interesting if there was another story going on, for two people to carry a movie they have to be doing or saying really interesting things, and these two don't quite make it.
- For all the ladies out there. If I had the Zombie plague and I was turning into a zombie, I would blow my damn head off way before I bit you. That is just the type of guy I am.
- Well you did frelling bite her and infect her with the Zombie virus, I would be a little miffed too!
- She just stole some needles from the hospital, Zombie virus=drug use.... facinating. Take pain killers, don't feed on the flesh of the living. It worked in Dead Alive.
- Ewwww Zombie sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! If you are going to tease me with a montage of sex showing that they are in love so it's beautful and they are not all dead and scabby (because in the sex scene they are not dead and scabby), at least show me some boobs!
- Well that is kinda depressing, this is what I hoped to see more of, depressing dying stuff.
- Talking about killing people to eat them, nice. Should have shown the initial conversation of that, and not jump into it later.
- Dude call for a pizza, eat the pizza dude, so rad! Pussy didn't eat the pizza dude! Spoke to soon! Poor Pizza dude! Now feast on the warm flesh of the living. Put it on a pizza, stuff him full of stuffing for a nice roast.
- The ending is getting better. RAD!!!!!! Wish they woulda shown the headshot.
- Police showed up... wonder if they will kill him, or end this on a disturbing note and have him become a full zombie. Nope gun shot.

Review of the Film!
I wish this guy had more money to play with. It looks as if he had some really interesting ideas but he couldn't really get them across with his limited budget. For one this would have been a lot more interesting had this couple been the start of the Zombie apocolypse or something, or perhaps if we had seen more zombies. Or if they bit some people and they spread the virus further or something. I just wanted to know society ended and all that. This movie did stick with Zombie movie conventions, namely that while society might be gone, individuals can still win. In the end the individual did win over the zombie plague, just in a weird way. I also would have played up the eating end of the movie further, perhaps associating it with a man trying to talk his girlfriend into having sex, or something like that. I did like how the girlfriend Jennifer killed herself because of what she was becoming. In the end I really wish this guy had more money to play with... perhaps if I win the lottery I can track this guy down and remake this movie on something more than $25,000. So we can see more gunshots, more zombies, etc. I think what would have made this a better movie is if the ending were more flashy. I would have had him get in at first a gun fight with the cops, where Zombie-boyfriend looses control, and goes full on Dawn of the Dead marathon zombie. He gets shot a few times, but what the frell does he care cuz you know, zombie. Then he is about to start eating somebody when he stops, looks up, starts to walk away or something (so he could still win) and THEN get his stupid head blown off. Then again the dude did have only $25,000. So am I glad I bought this movie? Yes, because had I not it would have eaten away at me like the zombie plague every time I saw a Zombie movie I would have thought "what the hell was the name of that Zombie movie I read about in Fangoria, I should order it." I'm glad I bought it because I gave a first time film maker $20 of my own money, so perhaps he can get another movie made. Was it a good movie, I will go with it has a lot of potential, loads and loads and metric dren loads of it, but it is hard to make a movie for $25,000. So rock on Carl Lindbergh, for your first film you really touched on something very interesting, and good luck getting money for your next film buddy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Artiste said...

Dang, you sure do comment on movies a lot. And there's a lot of "spoilers" too. Half the time, I can't even read your entry until days or weeks after you post cuz of the spoilers.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home