It has come to my attention that Bill is actually a guy I know. So I am reactivating Comments on a limited level. A friend said that this is the Internet, so I should get used to flamers. However, this is MY little corner of the Internet, and I don't feel beholden to the rules of it. This blog is something I do to pass my time. I started it during finals to give me something other than school to think about for a half hour when I needed a break. Ergo this is something I do to get rid of stress, and flaming me only makes me mad. Further more this blog is MY OPINION. I will not say anything is fact, unless it is of course it is a fact, such as gravity pulling you down, or Elizabeth Bathroy was a frelling crazy she-beatch. I also will attempt to refrain from saying those who do not share in my opinion are stupid.
For the record, just because I don't believe in Christanity, and think religion in general is a form of social control to pass on values and norms to society, doesn't mean I think religion is stupid, or that the people who follow it are dumb either. Religion like all things, is a tool (remember this is my opinion), and it can be used for good or evil. For every story of a crackhead who found god, went back to school, and got his life together. There is a story of a girl who's boyfriend got her drunk and high on pot, raped her, and whose parents who are religious say to this girl that she has to marry her rapist, because that is what the lord wants (true story, happened to a girl I used to know in high school). Religion can be a very good, or a very bad thing. It is up to the individual to use it.
In any event, this blog is MY OPINION. If you wish to share your opinions that is perfectly fine with me. But DON'T EVER say that my opinion is wrong, or try to get me in a flame war. Specifically the two things that set me off last time were the lines "you obviously don't know anything about omnipotence" in regard to my Elvis rant, which in essence was calling me stupid, when I did not call you stupid in the slightest. Also the line "dude you are going to regret having anyone post on your blog" I took as a challenge to me, daring me to do something about Bills surly words. Because in the end, this is my blog, and I can do whatever I want. If I don't want comments because somebody is trying to start a flame war with me on my own Blog, guess what I won't start a flame war, I will just turn off comments and do what I want. It isn't me losing, because I am the one holding the cards. Look at it like this, if you are threatining me with a knife, and I'm holding a gun, I don't think I am a smaller man for just shooting you, life isn't fair, and neither am I.
So the rules are.
1) Don't call anybody stupid for shairing their opinion, in anyway. If you want to call people stupid start your own blog, don't crud up mine. My opinion is MY OPINION, and yours is yours. If you want to say something, just say I think blah blah blah. If your arguement has any weight what so ever, you don't need to bring down mine to prove it (by saying "you don't know what your talking about" or something like that).
2) Be nice! Besides the text rants I say about people who screw up movies, I am honestly a nice guy, and I don't like being mean to people.
3) Don't start flaming me! I'm not a "minute counter" or whatever Bill said about me in my LoTR RotK EE rant. I don't get into flame wars, and I likely will not respond in comments or in this blog about what anybody says unless it is really interesting, or a view I haven't thought of yet. My responce to a flaming will be to pull the plug on comments.
4) Saying Farscape sucks is asking for trouble out of me. It's okay if you didn't like it, but you can just say "I'm not a fan of Farscape, I didn't get it." That is your opinion, I can respect that, and I agree it is not a show everybody would get. But saying "Farscape Sucks" is a flame directed at me, because you are degrading and challenging my opinion, which I have stated I won't take here.
Those are the rules, if they get broken again I will reset the comments so only people I choose can comment on my Blog. Why am I doing this, because the internet is a mean spirited place, where yahoos think they can say anything they want because they can't get caught. I had to put up with a drink-of-water tonight in Counter Strike who was just being vulgar for no reason, namely talking negatively about the homosexuals. I am going to take a stand against that, at least in my place here. Why am I being such a Nazi? Because as I said I'm doing this to get rid of stress Bill, and the way your framed your arguements against me made me upset, and added to my stress level in a stressful time of my life (A girl I semi-asked out rejected me and is now hot for a boy I don't hold a high opinion of, holiday times and working in retail is not pleasent at all, and I'm trying to transfer to another store which has set the rumor mill off at work and made things kinda strange right now [I don't know how word of my potental transfer got out, as I only told a few people, and it has made me paranoid about which one of them told, and or, who pieced it together]). Maybe this is overkill, but I don't really care, this blog is my house and people will be nice and respect ideas and opinions while they are here. If you don't like that or can't handle it, leave, the door is open, don't let it hit your butt on your way out!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home