Okay I was fighting again with a good friend about the nature of religions ( go to her at http://le-artiste.blogspot.com ), and I thought I would spell it out for you. Why, because I can. So I will begin with my first thingy dingy, which is....
Why I Don't Believe in Christianity
Okay, my buddy said that she believes because she looks at things logically, however she goes from the assumption that the bible is true, and she looks at the information presented as logical. Furthermore she also assumes that Calvinist Dogma is the correct interpretation of the bible. In any event I'm not educated enough to make heads or tales of Calvinism, Catholicism, or anything for that matter. But I can comment on the Bible, because while I have not read the whole thing (it reads like Lovecraft to me), I have gone through some of the more colorful parts.
1) According to the Bible, god simply cannot be a perfect being. Okay, so man "created" sin by eating the apple and all that. Who created the apple, god did. Who created people, god did. Who is supposedly all knowing and all seeing, god is. So if god truly is all knowing and all seeing why couldn't he A) figure out that having a tree of knowledge was probably a bad idea. B) See everything coming anyway. Some would say it's part of his plan to create sin, but that would be getting ahead of myself. Anyhoo if God truly hates sin, why would he create it? That is like me starting up a speed lab or something and selling speed to 10 year olds for old Pokemon cards.
2) Gods Plan. Okay I hear a lot that god has a plan. That everything in this life is set up by god, and all your choices either go with or against gods plan. However, first off that is completely illogical. Say I was dating a girl who god wanted me to help not be such a cheating whore (It happens, moral of that story, 1) Women don't cheat it's stupid. 2) Don't date people based on what they could be, date people on who they are). So first off how would I meet such a girl. Well first off God would have to arrange that my first relationship, and my first love, would fall apart. Which was a very complex process. Then he would have to have me hear about Emode.com (I refuse to call it tickle). Which I heard about from a buddy. Also he would have to create said company. Etc Etc Etc. The shear number of random events that god would have to conspire to do to get me to meet this cheating girl, is astronomical, and if one thing fell out of wack the entire thing would fall apart. Gods Plan is wholly illogical.
3) The World. God is supposedly a perfect being, why does he damn people to hell? Now I could understand if EVERYBODY heard about Christianity, and some people choose not to do it. But what about the naked bush people in Africa or South America. God created those people, put them in a place where they could never hear about him, and then sends them to hell because they are full of sin. Honestly that sounds pretty evil and sadistic to me. Like a dictator leaving a village alone for his reign, and then 20 years later killing everybody for not building a statue to him.
4) Conclusion. I do believe in a higher power. However, I do not believe in a plan or anything I listed above. Because I believe if there is a god, he would be better than humanity, and thus NOT PETTY AND SADISTIC. I believe that god wouldn't create a system of his own twisted design that sends people to hell, because god is better than all of that. I give a higher omnipotent being much more credit than that.
1) According to the Bible, god simply cannot be a perfect being. Okay, so man "created" sin by eating the apple and all that. Who created the apple, god did. Who created people, god did. Who is supposedly all knowing and all seeing, god is. So if god truly is all knowing and all seeing why couldn't he A) figure out that having a tree of knowledge was probably a bad idea. B) See everything coming anyway. Some would say it's part of his plan to create sin, but that would be getting ahead of myself. Anyhoo if God truly hates sin, why would he create it? That is like me starting up a speed lab or something and selling speed to 10 year olds for old Pokemon cards.
2) Gods Plan. Okay I hear a lot that god has a plan. That everything in this life is set up by god, and all your choices either go with or against gods plan. However, first off that is completely illogical. Say I was dating a girl who god wanted me to help not be such a cheating whore (It happens, moral of that story, 1) Women don't cheat it's stupid. 2) Don't date people based on what they could be, date people on who they are). So first off how would I meet such a girl. Well first off God would have to arrange that my first relationship, and my first love, would fall apart. Which was a very complex process. Then he would have to have me hear about Emode.com (I refuse to call it tickle). Which I heard about from a buddy. Also he would have to create said company. Etc Etc Etc. The shear number of random events that god would have to conspire to do to get me to meet this cheating girl, is astronomical, and if one thing fell out of wack the entire thing would fall apart. Gods Plan is wholly illogical.
3) The World. God is supposedly a perfect being, why does he damn people to hell? Now I could understand if EVERYBODY heard about Christianity, and some people choose not to do it. But what about the naked bush people in Africa or South America. God created those people, put them in a place where they could never hear about him, and then sends them to hell because they are full of sin. Honestly that sounds pretty evil and sadistic to me. Like a dictator leaving a village alone for his reign, and then 20 years later killing everybody for not building a statue to him.
4) Conclusion. I do believe in a higher power. However, I do not believe in a plan or anything I listed above. Because I believe if there is a god, he would be better than humanity, and thus NOT PETTY AND SADISTIC. I believe that god wouldn't create a system of his own twisted design that sends people to hell, because god is better than all of that. I give a higher omnipotent being much more credit than that.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home